Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Who I am.

So it's 9:20 pm on a Monday night. I just had a shower after rearranging furniture in my house and watching season 2 of Teen Wolf. Exciting eh? Let me tell you about myself. I am a 46 year old woman who likes shows like Teen Wolf, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sherlock, Angel and Supernatural. I am a nerd. Not a smart techy nerd more a pop culture nerd. 

I have been drawing since I was a little kid. At first it was horses. I was in first thru fourth grade for that. Then it was Star Wars and comic books for inspiration. I made up imaginary characters in the Star Wars universe and also made a lot of fashion drawing with knee high boots and blasters on the hip. Avengers and X-Men were so awesome! More high boots but with heels! Except for Ms. Marvel and Kitty Pryde, I always wanted to be female versions of the male characters. They seemed to have a lot more fun. 

I am nostalgic about Star Wars, but let's face the last 3 movies sucked royally. I am actually a little hopeful about Disney owning it because they might make a good movie. I don't know.

So I am older now, but I still feel like a young person. I have two kids of my own. I love to watch Avatar, TMNT and spongebob. That stuff makes me laugh. I like Monster High dolls and I make my own cloth dolls. As you have seen in my posts. My son loves Mario Bros., TMNT, Batman, Iron-Man and legos. 
 This is a Samus Doll I made for ,my son, Cole.

This is a Grrr I made for, my daughter, Tara's friend.

I wrote this post because I want to blog and share my work with people. I am trying to reach out but I am never quite sure what to blog about. Well, this is me...

Me and Cole

I am divorced(three years ago) and still single. I have a right to take my place in this world. That is one of my daily affirmations.I am fat. I wear glasses. I am growing my hair out and I think about it way too much. I want to lose weight, eventually. I am just trying to like myself, now.
 This is a painting I was working on last night.

This is my gorgeous and funny daughter. Tara

That is enough about me. I would love to hear from people about anything pop culture, nerdy or my art. Thanks. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment