Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Stuff is happening.

I have not posted anything in a very long time. Let's see. Well, I'm 48 years old. I'm divorced now for 5 years. I work at a Unitarian Universalist Church. I do the child care and the office administrator job. In May I also began work as a secretary? for a counseling office. So, I have 3 part-time jobs. Ok. Finally I am working full time. I also make my art and raise my kids.
My older brother is living with me and my kids. It's nice to have an adult around. Also a little extra for rent has been very helpful.
Tomorrow I am getting a lumpectomy. I am very nervous and scared. My brothers and aunt have been very supportive. My friends at church are also so caring and nice. It's nice to have people lean on in a physical/emotional crisis. I have to go in bright and early. It is an outpatient procedure. I have atypical cells in an area with calcification. Hopefully that is the extent of it. It's a fairly large area. So I'm nervous. I already said that.
I have had to wait for a month to get this surgery because various things kept happening. I got an MRI with contrast. I had an ultrasound on my right breast but that turned out okay. So this lumpectomy is happening to lefty. I actually do not have names for my breasts, but lefty sounds kind of perky, right? Hardy har har. Anyway, all this waiting has set into motion me dying my hair three different times. I tried to go lighter. It was an orange catastrophe so I was able to dye it back to dark brown. I was growing out my hair and it was to my shoulders. I asked my daughter to give me a trim. No, she is not a trained hairstylist. I now have a bob again. Oh, well at least I don't have damaged ends from all the hair dye. I've cried on and off.
Was prescribed medication to ease my anxiety. It's working thank god!
So tomorrow is the day. I've laundered everything in my room. I even washed my shower curtain. I sprayed liberal amounts of lysol. The nurse mentioned staff infection and bacteria in general so I am just being extra careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment