Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wall Dolls and Mixed Media Paintings

 Spring Time Doll made from a pre-made muslin doll I got from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store. I gessoed the entire doll and painted it. The images are rub-ons from the scrapbooking section and then I paint over them a little. I painted the face. Her hair is a nest of flowers and a little bird. Her skirt is skrim fabric ( like cheesecloth) and I machine embroidered words on it.


 These are wall hanging dolls I made. They have very simple bodies and I paint the faces and add ribbon, and scrap fabric for their hair.


 This is a mixed media painting on a wood panel. Paint, pencil, colored pencils, gelly roll pens and papers make up this painting. I was thinking of archeologists in Egypt discovering ancient tombs. 


This is one of my first mixed media paintings on a board. I went to Catholic School. Once a Catholic School Girl Always a Catholic School Girl. That is what it says. I don't go to catholic church anymore and it still influences me deeply. 
Plus I made lasting friendships their.

No comments:

Post a Comment